Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Subway

Subway

When my husband and I had gone into ministry my children were sad because they had to say goodbye to some friends that they had from the time they were very small children.  We were moving to a town that was very small and many seemed  to us very poor.  We were leaving our home of thirteen years and it was very hard for me to leave my home because I loved living there. 
When we finally arrived at our new home and got settled in, my daughter expressed to us how she desired to have a healthy place to eat in our small town.  She told us how she expressed her feeling to God that she was willing to leave her friends for the ministry and asked if He would give us a healthy place to eat out in our town.   The town did have a Sonic, which we loved because we loved the flavored fountain drinks, like Diet Coke flavored with cherries or vanilla or whatever other flavor.  But my daughter started praying for a Subway to be built in our little town.  No one knew she was praying for a Subway, but she was.  One day we got the news a Subway was going to be built in our town.  It was amazing.  I've often thought maybe someone knew about it  and God used that person to make it happen.   God can use other people even when they think it was them all along.  We know one thing,  However it came to be, It was answered prayer. 
The amazing thing is this:  They built the most beautiful Subway right across the street from our church.
So when we wanted a Sub, all we had to do was cross the street.  I know my daughter felt loved and I felt loved too because God sometimes uses the simplest, seemingly unimportant things to say I love you.  It might of not seemed important to someone else but it was important because that Subway meant allot to us. It was a gift from God.
All of us were heartbroken over leaving our friends but God made us all feel loved when He answered my daughters prayer for a Subway. 
When we are His children -
We already know God loves us, but sometimes He comfort our hearts through unusual answered prayer. 
 
Susan Y Nikitenko
July 20th, 2013
 
Lord Jesus,
Protect Our Family And Keep Us Safe.
Be With The Families - Suffering Loss.
Be With The Troubled And Each Burdened Heart;
Keep Our Hearts Near You As We Remember The Cross.
 
S. Nikitenko



Every person has a story.  If it never gets written down It would be forgotten forever.
So if you think I'm only looking at myself look again.  God wants us to share how He's helped  us through our problems.   So we can help others In the life that God has given us.
We are all used in different ways. Our unique personalities effect other people and hopefully
What God has done in my life will help others.


 

Poetry And Other Materials On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All my poems with stories are both real and fictional designed to illustrate a biblical truth. All Rights Reserved. Please Include Site Name And Link Back To This Blog. Thank-You.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *