Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Tornado

Tornado

I guess I just got the call.  Some little boy called me on the phone and when I said hello, there was a quiet moment, then he said the word, tornado.  Then he hung up the phone.   I had the phone number on my phone so I returned the call in case they were trying to reach someone else and to also let the parents know if they had any questions they could call me.   After that call,  I stopped to think. "Why the word tornado?",  perhaps he was giving me the word of the day, or he was giving a weather prediction, or he was asking for prayer or was He playing a prank or was it simply the wrong number?  Anyway I thought it was unusual since I've had many strange things happen concerning  tornadoes.  Soon I noticed gloomy dark clouds starting to cover the sky as the sound of thunder broke the silence.   I thought this little boy might be at a lake somewhere and was frightened in the corner because He thought there was going to be a tornado and all that could pass through his lips was the frightening word tornado.  I thought this because last year my daughters and I were hunkered down under a mattress while vacationing at a lake.  My husband and son in-law were at the nearest  Wal-Mart buying ice cream and other supplies.  My daughters and I played board games under a mattress with a flashlight, because the power was off, even though the storm whipped violently by, we were still able to have fun.  I learned a long time ago don't sit around worrying unless you have to.  Do what's necessary to keep safe, then ride out the storm.  Then if something happens deal with it then.  So we prayed for safety for ourselves and the surrounding area and played board games until the storm passed by.


------------
When my husband was asked to preach at a revival meeting in Oklahoma, we were greeted with what my husband called the welcoming committee.  Violent storms were preparing to come through and we were informed that  there were several tomatoes surrounding us.  There was a tornado in the town in  front of us and there was a tornado in the town behind us and one small tornado developing above our rental van. We knew this because when we looked out of the window we could see the finger of the tornado reaching downward that had a slight rotation.  We were not sure what we should do because our only shelter was our rental van.  I spied over the land to see what we could do in case a tornado were to hit.  Then asked my husband, "should we hit the ditch on the side of the road if there was no safety nearby?" He didn't know so we prayed and kept going forward until we were safely through the storm.

-----------
When we arrived into the town, where my husband was going to preach, on the second night of the revival meeting, the meeting was interrupted by sirens that filled the small community.  The church full of people and our family went to the basement but the surprising thing was the men still went outside to watch the storm, so my husband and I went with them.  There was the hugest monster like cloud filling the sky and hailstones the size of quarters hit the ground.   It was the first time I saw a storm so close I could almost reach out and touch it.  Soon the storm past by and my husband preached and that night God  spoke to the heart of a young man who received Christ for salvation.   Who knows maybe God used that very storm to prepare that young man's heart, after all God can use even the storms of life to make good things happen.
Started July 15th - July 17th
Susan Y Nikitenko
  Mark 4:39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.


Poetry And Other Materials On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All my poems with stories are both real and fictional designed to illustrate a biblical truth. All Rights Reserved. Please Include Site Name And Link Back To This Blog. Thank-You.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *