Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Just A Little Note About My Life


Just A Little Note About My Life

 Today I was very forgetful and I felt terrible.  I went to a garage sale and after I had picked my few items from a garage sale box of crafts.  I bought some acrylic paints, glue sticks and then  I went to buy some lemonade the children were selling.  While I was buying the lemonade the lady asked if I paid for the bagged  items I was holding in my hand.  I said, "yes",  Then I bought some lemonade from the little boy for  25 cents and gave an extra quarter  to be generous, because his little bucket was empty.  I told them thank-you  and drove away to go to another garage sale.  I then realized I didn't pay for the crafts at all. I was very upset with myself.  I purposed in my heart to go back and make it right.   I stopped at another garage sale, since I was already there.  Then I went to looking for the garage sale that I didn't pay for the crafts, to apologize for being so absent minded.   The thing is I couldn't even remember which road I was on because I was flustered and upset with myself.  I actually cried because I knew it looked like I lied and stole something while being generous with an extra quarter for the little boy at the lemonade stand.   I decided to go home to pray and eat because I felt hungry.  Then I went on my way again to pay for the crafts. 

The funny thing is, the lady I talked to the first time, never even questioned me or even reminded me that I didn't pay.  When I went back to the garage sale the lady wasn't there.  So I gave the money to another lady who seemed not to have known anything about the crafts not being paid for.  I paid for the items, apologized, to her surprise  and  I asked her to please let the other lady know I was very sorry.

This reminded me of another interesting story that happened on a garage sale trip years ago. 
 
Once when my children were little I found an old butter dish I wanted to buy for my mother.  I made a lower offer for the dish and they refused the offer so I didn't buy it.  I bought some things, but I can't even remember now what they were.  Then I went to my car and while I was putting my change away, I noticed they had given me twelve dollars extra in change.  I told my children that the lady gave me twelve dollars extra.  My children and I went back to the lady and I told her she had given me twelve dollars extra in cash.  She was shocked and very grateful.  Then I politely asked if I could have the dish at a bargain price.  She was more than happy to,  after all I saved them twelve dollars.

 2 Corinthians 8:21 Providing for honest things, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men.

Susan Y Nikitenko
July 11th  2013


Poetry And Other Materials On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All my poems with stories are both real and fictional designed to illustrate a biblical truth. All Rights Reserved. Please Include Site Name And Link Back To This Blog. Thank-You.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *