Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sundrops In My Garden - Letter




 

Sundrops In My Garden - Letter

Susan Y Nikitenko

This is a letter I gave to people in our neighborhood along with a potted Sundrop plant in bloom and a copy of my poem: "Sundrops In My Garden." 


Dear Neighborhood Friends,

   
I would like to share a tidbit or two about my gardens.

  
I'm enjoying my garden this year. One of my favorite flowers is the fireworks primrose.

  It has a cluster of bright yellow flowers that explode mid spring to mid summer. They are shining in my garden right now. This beautiful flower has three different names, it's scientific name, which I know not, the fireworks primrose and the name I love to call them....Sundrops. The're like little smiles that say Jesus loves you. They brighten up your whole garden. Hopefully we are like sun drops shining out there in a mixed up world, in a lost world that needs to find the Way. The way to heaven, The way to forgiveness, the way to hope, the way to God Almighty, Jehovah, The God of heaven, creator God. That Way is Jesus, Jesus said about Himself, I am the Way, The Truth, The Life -no man cometh unto the Father but by me. Jesus is the light of this dark, dark world. Christians need to brighten every corner. I know I've failed in many ways along life's way , but I know where my desire lies and that is to shine for Him. I'm so glad Jesus is my hope and my life. Because He has forgiven me and given me a new name. I am His forever child, and you can be His child too. Let our desire be to shine in His amazing love, by following His plan set out in His Word.

  
I sure feel regret for all the times I've let my Jesus down, but this wonderful flower reminds me of my Savior. When the flower dies the leaves turn a beautiful red and this reminds me of His shed blood for all of mankind. He offers peace, pardon, forgiveness and a home in heaven for all who will believe. True belief causes action. If you thought the sky were falling your belief would move you to shelter. If you believed your child was in danger it would move you to act. If you believed in a dangerous unrepentant hell you would run to God for salvation. Then that belief would move you to live a life pleasing your Savoir.

  Another wonderful thing about this flower is that it comes back every year with more and more blooms. We need to tell others about Jesus and His precious love. We need to be multiplying the kingdom of heaven. Giving the Good news of Jesus Christ- The Story of His bloodshed for sinners and His resurrection.

  Just as my sundrops return every spring.. I know my Jesus will be returning very soon to take His children home. Will you be ready? 

  Be living out the purpose you were born to live, turn to Him with your heart and trust Him. Do things His way. Live your life, His way. Follow His plan. We are not promised tomorrow, this could be your last day, your last moment, turn to Him.


I Hope you enjoy your sundrops.

Love In Christ, Susan Nikitenko


John 3:16-18 says

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.


John 1: 1-9 Says

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Just A Thought:


Jesus Loves You!

Amazing Grace Missions Gives Out Little Books With Yellow Smiley Faces On The Front - That Say:  Jesus Loves You.  They Have Been Giving Those Little Smiley Face Books To People For Years, Mostly To Children.   I Remember Getting One When I Was A Little Girl At The "State County Fair In W.Va.  When I Was Around Ten Years Old. I Never Forgot That Little Book. 



Sundrops In My Garden

(Also Known as Fireworks Primrose )
By: Susan Y Nikitenko
June 2010

Shining in my garden;
Like smiles everywhere.
Are Bright Yellow Sundrops;
Examples of God's care.


They brightly grace my garden;
They give my heart a lift.
Cause I know they're precious;
And given as a gift.


Jesus is the Son of God;
He is the Way, the light.
He is like a Sundrop;
That blossoms very bright


He gives the burdened joy;
He sets the captive free.
He shines into the heart;
and saves so willingly.


Won't you be a sundrop,
In life's garden, to grow?
Will you Shine for Jesus
In His love will you go ?


Will you tell the story
Of His blood shed for men?
Will you sacrifice your time
And give your all to Him?


When the sundrop is done;
and It's leaves turn blood red.
Please Remember dear friend;
What our Savior once said.


"It is finished", He cried ;
With His blood flowing free.
and His hands stretched out wide;
on that torturous tree.


He gave himself for you;
He gave himself for me.
He arose from the dead;
and won the victory.


Available to all;
A life beautifully new.
His hand is extended;
While He calls now to you.


While watching from heaven;
perhaps Angels display.
Heavenly Fireworks;
When one sinner is saved.


Will you trust Him today?
Will you cry out His name?
Will you bow to His will:
Or remain now, the same?


Won't you be a sundrop,
In life's garden, to grow?
Will you Shine for Jesus
In His love will you go ?


Will you tell the story
Of His blood shed for men ?
Will you sacrifice your time;
And give your all to Him?







Poetry And Writings On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All Rights Reserved


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *