Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Curves

New River Gorge Bridge Pictures, Images and Photos



Curves

By: Susan Y Nikitenko
January 16th,2012

I grew up in the hills of W.Va.  If you have ever visited W.Va. you know that it has very sharp winding roads.  Even though I grew up riding in a car going around those sharp curves,  I still become very tense when we drive home to visit my mother.  My mother lives on a hill that has some extreme curves that are very narrow.  It is quite frightening  because people who are used to these roads fly carelessly around the bends.  When driving around these curves my husband blows the horn for a  long time to let others know we are coming.  I close my eyes and slightly wine as we go around the  narrow bends that have no railings.  I do not feel comfortable with being blind or uncertain as to what is coming at me. 

Sometimes life is the same way.  We are going about living life as normal and all of sudden life throws us a curve.  You can't seem to avoid it, because there's no place to turn around.  We can't see around the corner and we become afraid.  We say in our hearts,
" Lord help me I'm afraid  I don't know what's going to hit me next." 

It's during these times fear wants to overcome our faith.  It's during these times we must read and recall the promises of God, keeping our armor intact.  God knows what's around the corner.  We need to be asking direction and guidance when it is not clear where we are going or what's around the bend. 


Prayer:


Lord Jesus, hold my hand as I go around the curves in life.  Help me to keep trusting you even though I can't see what's in front of me.   Help me make all the right decisions and keep me sane midst the confusion that life sometimes brings.


You are my shield and you are my light.  Praise you today and forever.

Ps 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.




Poetry On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All Rights Reserved

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *