Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2012

“What Must One Do to Be Reborn?”


“What Must One Do to Be Reborn?”


While reaching out to win the lost;
  We reached out with the Word.
We gave the gospel here and there;
To some we seemed absurd.

A man stopped by upon a cane;
This man, He was not old.
He listened, hard to all my words;
The gospel to him told.

A man, he must be born again;
To enter heavens gate.
Repent my friend and turn to God;
Before it is too late.

His eyes, they looked straight into mine;
With seeking words, he asked.
“What must one do to be reborn?”
Stunned with his words, I gasped.

Oh, joyful day, a seeking heart;
Who truly wants to know.
This humble man cried out to God;
Christ washed him white as snow.

He said to me, I almost died;
A car wreck changed my life.
Within the wreckage my heart cried,
“My children and my wife!”

My sinful life flashed before me;
The fear I felt was true.
“Please Lord,” I cried, “Don’t let me die.”
“I’ll give my life to you.”

“Today is my new beginning,”
That’s what he said to me.
And off  He limped upon his cane;
Saved for eternity.


By: Susan Nikitenko   2010

Poetry On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *