Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Just A Little Note From My Past -

Just A Note From My Past

Tongues

Six or seven years ago a girl from Uzbekistan was attending our church.  She was a foreign exchange student who could speak broken English and was very hard to understand by almost everyone in our church.  I'm not sure why, but I could understand her, maybe because I took the time to understand.

One night we went to a youth conference where a black preacher was going to be preaching and boy could that preacher preach.  There was only one problem though, during a break the girl came up to me and said I don't understand anything the preacher is saying.  I said Masha,  if you can't understand just ask God to help you understand. 

Soon we were back settled in our seats to hear the booming preacher.  He had a "Preachin' Storm Goin' On'.  as he said.  Many kids went forward afterwards, many renewing and there were many saved.  Masha had taken notes the entire service and seemingly could understand.  Afterwards I asked her if she understood.  She told me an amazing thing, she could hear the preacher just as clearly as if it were in her own language. 

If I have had  any experience at all with tongues that was the day.  in the Bible the people could hear the preaching in their own language.  A language that could be understood.

Correction:  Last I heard she was attending a good church on a regular basis.

Susan Y Nikitenko
February 20th, 2014


Poetry And Other Materials On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All my poems with stories are both real and fictional designed to illustrate a biblical truth. All Rights Reserved. Please Include Site Name And Link Back To This Blog. Thank-You.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *