Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 2, 2012

I Trust You Through Life’s Alarms


I Trust You Through Life’s Alarms

By: Susan Y Nikitenko   2010




Though a blinding fog blocks my full sight,

Though I can not understand His way,

I will not fear the hole in the ground;

Or troubles or worrisome sound.



I will trust the all seeing eyes of God;

Who leads blinded men through darkest night,

And when I fear to take in faith, the step.

His leading grace, by faith, will be my light.



His lamp is daily there before me;

To lead through this place of darkness, dim,

And when mangled pain of life presses me;

I will follow His light and trust in Him.



Though death brings sorrow, I can’t see past.

I’m injured and blinded by thick fog.

I will jump into His arms of love;

And seek His tender comforting dove.



If tempted with bitterness to lie;

I choose, to feel through darkness alone.

What a comfortless, existence, I fear;

Would steal all joy, year, year after year.



For to choose a life of freedom and joy;

One must choose the road of trust and faith;

And when your path meets your darkest hour;

Upon His bosom find needed power.



I can not walk this path alone, Oh God;

Lest I trip, or blow through painful winds.

Upon your grace, I lay my life;

Oh Father, upon you I will depend.



Carry me through the dark paths of life.

Hold tight my trembling fainting heart.

Lest anytime in fear I turn in doubt;

And from your help I choose to depart.



But No, But No, I run to you, Oh God.

I cuddle safely into your arms.

As a child, gazing into your loving eyes;

 Hand to cheek, say, “I trust you through life’s alarms.”





Poetry And Other Materials On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All my poems with stories are both real and fictional designed to illustrate a biblical truth. All Rights Reserved. Please Include Site Name And Link Back To This Blog. Thank-You.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *