Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Search This Blog

Monday, June 11, 2012

Sweet Dreams


Sweet Dreams

By: Susan Y Nikitenko
2009  - Updated 2019
(You May Change To Daddy)

A little child reaches up;
For his mothers hold.
She puts him in her lap;
Her arms around him fold.

Comforted, “I love you, mommy.”
She says, “I love you too.”
“Now it’s time for beddy-bye.”
“You know what you must do.”

He kneels beside his little bed.
“Mommy, you come down too.”
He folds His little hands;
He Prays until He’s through.

He climbs into His bed.
She tucks Him in real tight.
“Sweet Dreams, my little man.”
Then kisses him good night.

In peace now, from her love;
He soon drifts to sweet sleep.
Mama humbly bows on knees;
And silently she weeps.

“Lord, I ask you, bless my boy;
To grow, and be like you.”
“Give me, the grace to teach him,”
“How to live and love you too.”

“Spread angel’s wings about him.”
“Protect him from this world.”
“Keep him in your perfect plan;
Living by your Holy Sword.” (Bible)
--------
Are you like a child in need?
Is Jesus Christ your Lord?
Do you need deliverance;
From the trappings of this world?

Is it hard for you to sleep?
Does your heart long for relief?
Father God will comfort you;
And bless with bless-ed peace.

Just as a mother, swaddles child;
The Father holds us tight.
He guides us through decision;
And protects us in the night.

He sends His angels near;
To catch our every tear.
And when we need a sense of love;
We sense His presence there.

“I love you, Lord.” You’ll say.
“I love you too.” You’ll hear.
Then in rest, you'll drift in sleep;
Your soul quiet, from all fear.

“Sweet dreams, my child, sweet dreams;”
“Rest now in my loving you.”
“I am your Father, you are my child;
"I will never- ever leave you;.”

Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace,
whose mind is stayed on thee:
because he trusteth in thee.


Lord, help me to trust you more each day.

Lord, help me to love you more I pray.

Lord, lead me, to walk in your holy way.

Lord, strengthen my faith, help me not stray.

Lord, hide me behind the cross today.


Susan Nikitenko
Poetry And Other Materials On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All my poems with stories are both real and fictional designed to illustrate a biblical truth. All Rights Reserved. Please Include Site Name And Link Back To This Blog. Thank-You.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *