Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2012

An Easter Prayer
















An Easter Prayer

 Oh, Lord you give a song in the night.
While my head is on my pillow;
Your Holy Word brings me comfort and light;
Such a gentle peaceful  billow.

Knowing your love is unchangable -

and knowing you are merciful.
Brings me to tears  of gratitude;
For a fountain so beautiful.

A fountain of love, a fountain of grace;

Your pardon  flowing from Calvary.
For wretched  poor sinners just like me;
A fountain flowing abundantly.

A fountain of life paid for in blood;

Holy blood, perfect  blood, Your blood.
You died a torturous death that day;
 Yet your lips still cried out in love.

A victorious fountain of hope;

Eternal life offered to mankind.
To the lowest of lowest  sinner;
A breaking of fetters that bind.

A resurrection to a new life;

A new hope, a new name, a new day.
And as you arose from deaths grave;
So is the soul for which you save.

A fountain, Easter's story unfolds;

Living water so pure and free;
The purpose for which you were born.
To die, to live and to redeem.

As I close my eyes in whispered prayer;

Oh, may I praise you the night long.
In both my heart and all my dreams;
May you be the theme of my song.

Susan  Nikitenko
March 24th, 2012


Poetry And Other Materials On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All my poems with stories are both real and fictional designed to illustrate a biblical truth. All Rights Reserved. Please Include Site Name And Link Back To This Blog. Thank-You.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *