Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thank-You Lord

Thank-You  Lord

 I have a Father in heaven above;
I have a table surrounded with love.
I have loved ones who care about me;
I have a country of liberty.

I have eyes to see the stars gleaming;
And ears to hear the river streaming.
A heart that longs to serve our living Lord.
And tears for a lost and dying world.

I have feet that  bring me one step closer;
To the place you have prepared for me.
Another hour, another day:
To love, to live, to follow your Way.

I have a mouth that can taste the snow;
White, clean,cascading, a crystallizing flow.
I can enjoy, knowing each snowflake is new
And everything wonderful came from you.

I can look upon a morning sunrise;
I can see your goodness with faith's eyes.
Look upon a mountain in a foggy view;
Knowing  nothing is impossible for you.

I can behold the colors of the setting sun;
I can see you in all the things you've done.
In the rain, in the rainbow , and here below.
So many blessings, so many to know.

I can smell the fragrance of a flower;
That little tiny hands have picked for me.
And know all the while both are miracles;
I find very, very precious to me.

I have a tongue, that can give Thanksgiving;
That can praise you  and with a new song sing.
Though lowly are we in a small, small, world.
Thank-you, Lord, Thank you, Lord, Thank-you Lord,

Susan Y Nikitenko
November 29th, 2014

Thanksgiving To God



thanksgiving, thanks, snow, river, mountain, stars, heaven,sunrise, sunset. rainbow, rain, praise,
Poetry And Other Materials On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All my poems with stories are both real and fictional designed to illustrate a biblical truth. All Rights Reserved. Please Include Site Name And Link Back To This Blog. Thank-You.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *