Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Just A Little Note About My Past


Just A Little Note About My Past

It was such a beautiful sunny day today.  It was a nice break from all the snow we were getting there for a while.  They are calling for a few more snowy days before the warm weather takes over completely.  When there is snow and cold weather there is usually ice.  

I thought I had time to tell a story about something that happened to me on a cold icy day when I was a young teen. 

 I grew up in the hills of W.Va.  The homes in West Virginia are usually upon hills.  Our school was upon a hill and had steps that were divided into sections. There must of been three sections of twenty steps all the way to the top. The steps lead to the double door entrance of our school.

One day as we were being dismissed from our classes, to catch the bus, we walked out to ice covered steps all the way to the bottom.  It was very dangerous but it was the only way down.  

On my way down to the bus my feet landed on the ice and I started slipping down those steps.  If I were to fall at all on those steps there would have been injuries because they were very steep and seemingly unending.

Well I started sliding and sliding on the third section of twenty steps. My body stiffened up in terror of falling down those icy steps. I prayed in my heart "please God don't let me fall."  God must have sent an angel to keep me from falling because I skated in tennis shoes uncontrollably. My body was as stiff as a board all the way to the bottom without falling.  It was a miracle I did not fall and I'm so grateful I didn't or I would of been badly hurt.

Everyday we are in danger of falling in some way and each day I ask the Lord, "Lord help me not fall.'   Help me stay in your will and plan for my life even when life
gets hard, even when things don't make sense.

 1 Corinthians 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall

Susan Y Nikitenko
April 13th, 2014

Poetry And Other Materials On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All my poems with stories are both real and fictional designed to illustrate a biblical truth. All Rights Reserved. Please Include Site Name And Link Back To This Blog. Thank-You.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *