Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Planting A Field


Planting A Field

In the spring I noticed I had an excess of plants growing in my garden.  That's what happens when you grow perennials,  they just keep multiplying.   I decided to call the city and ask permission to plant my perennials in the park near my home.  I was very excited about the idea because of I could picture in my head a beautiful park filled with flowers everywhere. Yes was the answer and I asked for the water's edge and the answer was yes. 

I could see a wonderful place for those purple wildflowers to grow, which I will be planting very soon for next year's flower crop.  I could see a flowing field of daisies swaying in the wind.  I could see firework primrose here and there decorating the pond with a golden lining.  I could see the rose of Sharon, left to multiply along the forest edge.

I love this park because it reminds me of where I grew up.  I feel like I'm on my old stomping ground and have hiked every bit of it more than once.   

The man I talked to from the city gave me a small field at the entrance of the park to plant.  I asked if I could rearrange things after they became established.  I asked if I could have the water's edge.  He agreed to my requests.

When I went to the park to look at the little field it looked dry and dead.  It was very hot outside, it looked like a hard dry dessert.  In spite of it I started taking my plants to the park and started digging.
I needed water, but there isn't any running water there.  I started carrying heavy buckets of water from
the low flowing creek bed.  I went back and forth for days, supplying water.  Then I decided to bring water from home, it was easier.  I was very happy when the Lord blessed us with rain because I was tired and I had worked hard, very hard. 

After a bit, I noticed things growing.  something more than I had planted.  Poppies of different colors, candytuft, strawflowers, black-eyed Susans, bachelor buttons, many varieties of coreopsis, queen ann's lace,  pink and red clover, and some random flowers that  I don't know the names of.  I was given a field that had already been sown.  I was very excited to let the man from the city know what was growing there.  I requested some mulch because I thought all my work would go down the drain.  The city supplied me with what I needed.

  I decided to let the clover grow because it was a beautiful color pink.  It protected the very young seedlings of other flowers from becoming too dry.  I was happy because I didn't need to water anymore.
I'm not sure if I was really needed to plant that little field.  But I know God spoke to me many times while I planted there.  I thought of Ruth and Boas, I thought of Moses as his sister, who let his little basket float freely among the reeds and how the Egyptian Princess drew for herself a baby boy from the Nile.
 I thought of the proverbs woman who bought a property and planted a field. 

The little field was soon overflowing with color, though it doesn't look as nice right now because a lot of them are done blooming for the year.  Some things look dead but their roots are established and Lord willing will return next year with more color than this past season. 

God sometimes puts us in a place that has already been sown by someone before us. They may never see the fruit of their labor.  It is sometimes enjoyed by someone who comes after them, who loves and cares for what has already been toiled over. 

Susan Y Nikitenko
October 5th, 2013


Psalms126:5
They that sow in tears
shall reap in joy.

I've planted and planted asked people for hostas and bought greenery. I've put both money and work for years.  If anyone feels they can come into my area of planting and steal after  10 years of work.  Is the one with the problem. I've worked and made the hillside beautiful.  I guess some people would rather everything just fall apart.  Fall to ruin.  Hurt the people who give a care.  
 In 2013 I asked permission to plant and I asked for the water's edge. I have gone through a number of things since that time.
I sent a list to the through the secretary of the park service. I have spent nearly ten years planting and growing. Keeping erosion from happening. Those branches and have been used as a dam. I have done a good job.  Somebody moved them and I had to redo because the hill started eroding. Somebody took a three tear wrought iron planter I planned on emptying and putting back in my heart garden. They know someone is planting there it is obvious. I have permission to plant and rearrange. I was the first to ask, maybe the only one. I have been fought on improving the park by random people, I am smart and if you have eyes in your head you know it's beautiful. I'm talking about the hostas and ferns. Anything I tried to do in the field somebody destroyed. Anything was an improvement.

Poetry And Other Materials On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All my poems with stories are both real and fictional designed to illustrate a biblical truth. All Rights Reserved. Please Include Site Name And Link Back To This Blog. Thank-You.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *