Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Just a Little Note: Faith And Love




Just a Little Note:

Faith and Love

Not too long ago I met a young lady while I was out walking.  She was probably around 25 years old.  She's attending college in Washington State. She was visiting her parents who live just a few houses up from us.   She was out walking her mom's golden retriever.  She wanted to talk about politics, when I noticed she repeated something several times. Our conversation weaved in and out into the topic of politics, religion and Christianity.  She kept on repeating "killing for Christ".  I responded with "Killing for Christ?"  What?  I believe in fighting for freedom and protecting our Country as a nation.  But killing for Christ? No.

We went on in our conversation, She said that she was a Christian but that she was confused.  She had been studying many other religious beliefs and had started doubting Gods Word.  I explained to her that if she was a Christian and was doubting God's Word she was already falling from the Faith.  I lovingly told her that anything that contradicts God's Word should not be trusted.  

God has made His Word simple enough for a child to understand.  That's why Christ said let the little children come unto me.  God can open the eyes of a child that does not have allot of this worlds knowledge.  God wants us to come to Him as little children.  Trusting Him with a childlike faith.  Sometimes people can become so educated that they become deceived by this world's knowledge  and become blinded to 
the things of God.

I've been busy trying to get my craft room organized.  I happened to see my scrapbook from years past.  I picked it up and looked at it noticed some things missing.  I noticed an article I put in it as a young teen.  The headline said... "Killing For Christ".  I didn't read it but I immediately thought of that young woman repeating those words to me, as though awaiting my response. I can't remember why I put the article into my scrapbook, nor do I know what it says at this time.  I haven't taken the time to read it.

The other thing that stood out about our conversation was when I mentioned that God hates sin.  She responded with, God doesn't hate because God is love.  God doesn't hate anything. 

Normally when I talk about scripture. The scripture just pops up into my mind as needed.. I know the Lord hates sin, God has brought judgment upon nations and people because of sin.  I did not argue the point because for some reason even though I know the Scriptures needed, my mind drew a blank.  

When I was at home I remembered the verses.

Proverbs 6:16 -19
16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: 
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 
 18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

God is Love, but He still hates sin, which we are all guilty of in one way or another.
God doesn't not want us living in sin. He wants us to repent.  He wants us to turn to Him and trust Him.  He wants us to do these things because he loves us.
The Bible teaches us that God is love, but it also teaches that He hates sin and will judge sin.
Romans 6:1 -2
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Just remember without faith we cannot please God. 
Unbelief is one sure way never to be saved, never to see heaven, 
 never to know real hope or joy.

Susan Y Nikitenko
Just A Little Note:
February 14th, 2016




Poetry And Other Materials On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All my poems with stories are both real and fictional designed to illustrate a biblical truth. All Rights Reserved. Please Include Site Name And Link Back To This Blog. Thank-You.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *