Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Caring For The Fallen



Caring for the Fallen 

I was given  a hanging basket of mixed million bells and petunias.  I took the hanger part of it off and sat it inside a stand.  The stand was blown over during a storm and the basket of flowers  fell to the ground.  The flower was damaged in the fall, many flower limbs broke off  and it was not the perfect beauty  it once was.  I picked up all the pieces and I put the stand back into place.  I returned the basket of flowers to the stand, arranged the flowers a bit and watered it.  A few days later somehow the stand and the flower basket fell again.  It caused even more damage to the flower.  I was disappointed that the flower had been damaged so much.   I put the stand back into place, did some things to secure the stand and put the basket of flowers inside of it.  I watered the flowers and straightened out the flower branches as best I could.  The stand somehow fell at least two or three other times during the week,  but  I finally found a way to secure it so it wouldn't fall again.  I thought my flower basket of flowers would never recover from the many damaging things that had happened to it.  The remarkable thing about this basket of flowers is that after a while , it did recover and is as beautiful as it was the day that I received it.  I think it is even more beautiful  than it was when it was new.  I was very careful to take care of my basket of flowers even though it had lost its original beauty.  I did not give up on it when it had gone through shock and change.   I enjoy it more, I think because,  I watched it survive and become even more beautiful than some of my other flower baskets  that had never fallen. 
     I'm so glad that God doesn't give up on us and also for the people who don't give up on us in life.
The people who love us no matter what.  We all mess up sometimes and fall short in some way.
Sometimes things are hard in life  but God will use those thing to make us more usable
and more like Him.

Susan Y Nikitenko
August 6th, 2017

 Proverbs 24:16 For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.
    -------------------




Poetry And Other Materials On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All my poems with stories are both real and fictional designed to illustrate a biblical truth. All Rights Reserved. Please Include Site Name And Link Back To This Blog. Thank-You.Images are not all Christian, but put here for the purposes of doing good works of faith, family and country.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *