Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2016

What Would Love Do?



What Would Love Do?
Part 1

   I asked my neighbor if she minded me telling this story about their garden.  I wasn't trying to make anything happen in order to come up with some good story,  as a matter fact I have never tried to make something  happen in order to come up with a good example.  I wanted her to know my motives were not selfish at all, but my motives were genuine.  
    
I noticed her husband poisoning the grass in their yard, but at that time I didn't know it was because he was planning on putting in a raised garden.  Then I noticed them planting the garden.  It was then that I realized he'd be planting food there. I became concerned whether or not it would be safe to eat.  I thought in my heart should I tell them what I think?  Then I decided I was just being a worry wart and that I should mind my own business.  They could of been using something, I was unaware of, to kill the grass that was safe and usable in a vegetable garden.
     
I guess a few weeks went by and the plants were growing.  Once again I was concerned the food might make them sick or kill them even.  I decided to look for information whether or not using "Round Up"  on the ground, when building a raise garden bed, was safe.  According to the information I read, using  poison like "Round Up" is not a safe thing to use when planting food.  I struggled with the idea of saying anything.  I didn't want to cause any problems with my neighbors.   

Then I had to ask myself, "What would love do?"  "Would love just keep silent, if  it meant something could hurt our neighbors?  The bible says, "Perfect love casteth out all fear."  I decided the right thing to do was to share my concerns with my neighbor, because love would warn them.
   
 When the opportunity came I asked my neighbor if I could ask her a question?  I made it clear that I wasn't trying to be a nosey neighbor, but the reason I was asking the question is because I care about them.  I was concerned for their health and well being.  I then proceeded to ask what kind of poison they used on the grass.  She told me they used Round Up.  I told her what I believed to be true, that the food might not be safe to eat.
    
I didn't have to tell them, but how could I live with myself knowing something could hurt them and not say anything.  To find out later that one of them or both of them were to become sick or die.  I would grieve miserably.  The same way spiritually, I could just stand by, never tell them that there is danger for the person who dies without Jesus.  That there is a heaven and a hell and we will go one of two places when we die.  There's no turning back then. 

Though these words might not be exactly the words that I used, this was pretty much the gist of what I said...  I asked if she would at least go online and check things out for herself and she said that she would. 

Colossians 1:28
Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Susan Nikitenko
Devotional  Part 1
August 22nd, 2016 ©


clker.com/clipart-food.

Poetry And Other Materials On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All my poems with stories are both real and fictional designed to illustrate a biblical truth. All Rights Reserved. Please Include Site Name And Link Back To This Blog. Thank-You.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *